BETTER BUSINESS WRITING
Duration: 1 day
About this course
Good communication skills are vital in today’s business world. This one-day course aims to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to improve written communication.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognise the value and role of the report as a management communication tool.
- Use techniques to organise their thoughts.
- Write an accurate and illustrative report.
- Write effective introduction, summaries and executive summaries.
- Develop a concise and easy-to-read style.
- Apply structure to reports including strategic, operational, project and action plans.
- Select an appropriate tone and language for the target reader.
Participative methods will be used throughout, building upon participants previous experience and knowledge. A range of tailored exercises will be provided to develop individual competence and feedback provided as appropriate.
- The communication purpose matrix
- The report as an essential communication tool
- Bad writing is bad for business and your career!
- Seeing the message through your readers eyes
- Organising your thoughts
- Working with structure and techniques
- The politics of business writing
- Ongoing skill development
The client is encouraged to detail what particular training needs need to be addressed. The following are some specific aspects of report writing that can be addressed as requested:
- Business letter format
- Problem words/expressions to avoid
- Internal mail
For full course content please call 1890 260006 or email email@example.com