EFFECTIVE COACHING AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
DURATION: 1 Day
VENUE: Dublin venue to be confirmed
About this course:
This one day intensive course is aimed at delegates who want to help individuals to develop themselves and improve their performance, including:
- Individuals wanting to develop their coaching skills.
- Line managers wanting to develop their staff.
- All those with some management responsibility.
- People new to management.
- Those being groomed or about to be given management responsibility to develop their staff.
The programme has two primary objectives:
- To provide participants with an understanding of coaching and its role in improving team members performance.
- To develop participants’ skills to perform effectively as workplace coaches.
Module One: Working with People
- People – Your Greatest Asset
- Understanding the Skills and Competencies Involved
- Interactive Skills
- Developing A Motivated Team
- Job Satisfaction
Module Two: Communication Skills for the Effective Coach
- Are you a good communicator?
- Communication Exercises
- Improving your communication skills
- Overcoming Communication Barriers
Module Three: The Leader as a Coach
- Coaching at Work
- Benefits of Coaching
- Barriers to Coaching
- Job Coaching Principles
- The Seven Step Coaching Process
Module Four: Coaching & Mentoring
- Defining the process
- The diferences between Coaching & Mentoring
- Understand the benefits of Coaching and Mentoring
- Understand Coaching and Mentoring phases and processes
Module Five: Coaching in Action
- Principles of Coaching
- Coaching step by step – Working Through the Coaching Process:
- Needs Analysis
- Coaching Objectives
- The Seven-Step Coaching Process
- A Five-Step Model of Coaching
- Helping adults learn
- Uses of Coaching
Module Six: Team Building
- Developing a Team Culture
- Some Group and Team Characteristics
- Stages of Team Development
- Belbin’s Team Roles
- Some Tips for Leaders/Managers on Developing Teamwork
Module Seven: The Coach as a Visionary
- What is Vision?
- How Does Vision relate to Leadership?
- Examples of Vision in Action
- Cop or Coach?
- Giving Your Team; Your Organization a Sense of Purpose
- Goal-Setting for Coaches
Module Eight: The Coach as a Motivator
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Understanding the Concept of Motivation
- The Need for Motivation
- Key Motivation Theories and How to Apply Them
For full course content please call 1890 260006 or email email@example.com