8 Qualities That Demonstrate Best Practice In Professional Selling
I have recently had the pleasure of working with some very experienced field sales people from a wide variety of trade sectors over the last few months and they all shared the following qualities that demonstrated best practice in professional selling:
- A clear understanding of their role as account managers or new business developers.
- They all took complete ownership for hitting or exceeding their monthly sales target.
- The majority of them had their monthly sales calls and activities planned in advance.
- Most of them allocated time to source and develop some new business every month.
- All of them had a structured sales presentation and visual aids prepared for any sales situation.
- They were all very conscious of gaining some sort of customer commitment on call completion.
- Most of them asked quality questions in advance of selling and actually listened to the answers.
- All had a positive attitude to their role and the support and guidance of a good sales manager.
How would you rate your current sales team against these guys ?
Maybe it is a good idea for us all to pocket our ego and re-visit best practice every so often, as they say “The enemy of learning is knowing.”
Article by Austin Halpin